Sunday, March 1, 2009

KL City Day Run @ Dataran Merdeka

I had my first ever and longest run at Dataran Merdeka last Sunday on the 22nd. There are three categories to choose from. 3 km, 7 km and 10km. Being optimistic, we chose the 10km one :p We parked our car at Lake Gardens and walked to Dataran Merdeka. The run was alright. Two hills to climb. I did not manage to run all the way I how I intend to. I stopped a number of times and continued running. I managed to get a finisher's certificate though. Not too bad :)

However upon returning to the car, we discovered our car was broken into. The bags were stolen. I was lucky as I only brought my identity card and my money and they were with me during the run. My other friend who was not so lucky lost his bag with his wallet in it. Another friend of mine lost her bag but luckily her wallet was with her during the run too. Just that she had a lot of sentimental belongings in her bag.

It was a long day as we were directed to different parts of KL to different police stations to make the police report. We had to meet up with the Investigating Officer based at Jalan Tun HS Lee that was in court that day and he was only back to his office around like 3pm. During that waiting period, we went makan at Yut Kee (roti babi yum yum), travelled down to Klang to collect my friend's car keys in our wet and sweaty clothes.

Need to be careful when parking the car at Lake Gardens. Do NOT put your bags into your car boot in full view while you are there. If you want to put it into the boot, put it there before you arrive in Lake Gardens.

No comments: