Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Restoran Tien Pin @ SS2

Was told by my ex-colleague about this place that serves affordable yet tasty food. My guess is that it is a Hainanese Place as it has got Hainanese Taste wordings its signboard. It is situated at the lesser traffic area of SS2, behind the row of shops where Sri Siam is. So parking is ample here.


Front Store

The menu is pretty extensive. Ranging from noodles, porridge to snacks and even toast.


Menu


Menu

The signature noodle would be Mee Pok (RM5). It claims that it is the Original Mee Pok. The noodles are pretty tasty as it is served with minced pork meat, plenty of fried pork lard (my fav!) , spring onions and a side soup of fish balls and paste. They use pork oil in the noodles as well, making it really fragrant. The fishballs are really springy and tasty. Pretty good in my opinion.

Dry Mee Pok

The Fu Chuck Skin Roll (RM6) is basically Fish Paste Wrapped in beancurd skin and another layer of chu cheong fun served with plum sauce. This wasn't really that good as the fish paste texture is not as springy as the ones that come with Mee Pok.

Fu Chuk Skin Roll

Yam Cake (RM3) wasn't really good as it was too gummy and lack in taste.


Yam Cake

The total came up to about RM16 inclusive of a cup of tea and sky juice. Cheap! No tax or service charge. Probably will try the porridge, sweet soup or the other fried noodles next time.

Address:
Tien Pin Restaurant,
19, Jalan SS2/30,
47300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
Tel: 03-7875 2120

5 comments:

ladyviral said...

The noodles looks good.. looks like wan ton mee leh. Yummy~ Least now I know where to head once in SS2 haha

Cest La Vie said...

Hehe..yes..and if you like chu yau char..the Mee Pok is the way to go! Not too sure how the other stuff taste like though :)

molly said...

My sister took me there for tea time. Not bad, I like the tongsui there.

Cest La Vie said...

I see. Next time I will try the tongsui there then ;)

FoodYoYo said...

This restaurant now has a new branch just at the back row of it, facing SS2 main busy road (SS2/24), it opens til 11pm. Pretty same menu.. noodles are so tasty! I like the tong shui very much too, taste like home-made. I purchased their 50% discount coupon from everyday.com, it's so much value for money spent! :)