I have always love tomatoes. In forms of juice, soup, grilled and even in its raw form, a fresh tomato fruit. It is an easy recipe and I have always wanted to make tomato soup from fresh tomatoes. I did not follow the exact steps in the recipes but rather, kinda modify it from various tomato soup recipes but most of them were more or less the same. Was a successful experiment and it turned out to be chunky. The ingredients below serves one.
3 large tomatoes
1 small Onion (sliced)
3 pips of Garlic (chopped)
3 cups of Chicken Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1. Core the tomatoes and remove seeds. Try to retain the gel if possible as I read from one of the sites, it is the most flavourful part of the tomatoes but the gel parts are normally stuck to the seeds. I used a sieve to separate the gel of the tomatoes from the seeds.
2. Place the cored tomatoes, onions and garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the basil, salt and black pepper.
4. Once it is done, mash the tomatoes with a spoon together with all the garlic and onions. They should be very soft by now.
5. Heat up some butter and fry the bay leaf for a few seconds. Add the chicken stock. Boil it and then add the tomato paste that was mashed.
6. To thicken it a little, dilute some corn flour with water and stir in the concoction. Let it boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. It is ready to serve :)
Can add any cubed chicken meat or even more vegetables in give it more bite when simmering. Eat it with bread for a more filling meal.