Monday, April 11, 2011

Nathalie Gourmet Studio @ Solaris Dutamas

A friend wanted to try the macaroons and after some googling, finally found a place called Nathalie Gourmet Studio at a new commercial area called Solaris Dutamas. Had tried the ones from Shangri-la before as a gift from the hotel to the company I was working in, I didn't really liked it as I find it a little artificial in taste.


>There are cooking classes conducted in the studio too as I saw two students being briefed. The decorations and all are pretty interesting. A hanging lamp with notes written by people stuck onto them.

Interesting Lamp

A whisk chandelier centerpiece. Saw something similar to this being sold in some kitchen cabinet place before.

Chandelier

Was trying out my creative side, wanted to draw a butterfly, instead my bunny artwork in my latte. In a way, looks like a peace sign.

Bunny

And macaroons! We tried the lemon, caramel, strawberry, vanilla, chocolate and praline. Liked the caramel ones the most. Though it is sweet, it does not have the sickly sweet type of taste. Lemon ones were good too. Vanilla was a little off and the chocolate one was a little too sweet for me. Praline and strawberry ones was alright. There are many more other flavours that they offer, pistachio, sesame, matcha, raspberry, coconut and many many more. Plus, they are so pretty and would look great as a gift as you can pack them in a nice gift box. They are priced at RM4.15 per piece.

Macaroon Platter

Overall, the macaroons here changed my perception on macaroons as I find it a little synthetic the first time I tried. Probably the macaroons here are kept at a controlled temperature of 6 degrees to keep it fresh while the ones from Shangri-la were packed back. Anyhow, I still prefer donuts :p

Address:
Unit A4-1-5,
Solaris Dutamas,
Jalan Dutamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 6207 9572

No comments: