Monday, January 23, 2012

Reflections of 2011

2012 and it's time again for reflections.

Revisited Tenggol Island and just got now Advanced certification. Now I can do deep dives up to 30 meters and see more. It was a crazy trip and really fun. Too many funny incidents like runaway buddy, getting tricked by our instructor, being stopped by marine police and had a super foodie meal along the way before and after the trip. Met some new diver friends as well. The sea was a little rough and there was one dive where I was holding on to the sausage line and the wind practically blew us away and I scraped my new suit on the rocks!

Calm Tenggol

Visited Thailand for the first time and twice this year. Once to Bangkok and another time to the idyllic Krabi. Had some super shopping and massage madness time in Bangkok. Thai food is indeed delicious!


Grand Palace

Krabi's Emeralds

Rode on ATV for the first time in the Malaysian rainforest and I enjoyed it so much. There were muddy slopes, puddles of water, fallen bamboo obstacles but best of all, breathtaking view of our natural greenery. This was at the Kampung Kemensah.

Pandas will not go hungry here

Our Guide on his ATV

Had my first overseas dive trip and stepped into Indonesian land for the first time. Saw a different variations of marine life like lobsters, cleaner shrimp, octopus, crabs, jelly fish, two 2 meter long nurse sharks next to each other and had fun trying to spot the flounder or sole in the sand which is like hide and seek :) Swam to a deserted island and sat on dead coconuts as chairs eating packed Nasi Padang.

Beautiful Soft Coral

Tried surfing for the first time and it was so damn fun! And got sunburnt really bad as it was too fun during the surf that I didn't realise that I was being burnt. Probably the last time when I got burnt so badly was when I was around like 5.

Inundated with Water

2011 has its own bitter sweet moments. 2012 will be better ;)




No comments: