Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thye Hong Fried Prawn Mee @ Pavillion KL

Thye Hong is from Singapore and is infamous for its fried prawn mee. Finally, I was able to try it here at Food Republic in Pavillion. Other times, I have only eaten their other food, the oyster omelette. It is served in a piece of leave which has been folded and knitted in a way that looks like a little boat with an opening on one side.

The noodles are actually a combination of both lai fun (rice noodles that you normally find in assam laksa) and yellow mee. So you can get both textures in this with loads of fresh bean sprouts and seafood. Look at those large prawns! This plate of noodle only cost RM7.90) and it has got three of those large prawns. Plus, this is shopping mall price. The gravy is excellent and they gave generous amounts of it.

A Plate of Yummy Goodness

It's not the usual fried noodles. Something different to try. Moreover, the Thye Hong staff at Glutton Street at the Esplanade (Singapore) has already closed down. So do get your dose here ;p

4 comments:

ladyviral said...

I ate Singapore's fried prawn mee before in Sg's stalls. I didn't enjoy it.. maybe cause I wasn't use to it at all lol.

ladyviral said...

dropping by again to inform you that you got an Award from me for being my blog's top ten commenters. ^-^ Congratulations!

Cest La Vie said...

Oh..you didn't like it. My sis too but I like it very much! muahaha...i like the gravy.
Thanks for the award...first time I get award from blogging *shy*

ladyviral said...

hahah! Yea it taste different lah.. maybe too use to the normal ones I take :p.

Welcome for the award. Was my first time too getting it hehe~