Friday, September 10, 2010

Bollywood Veggies @ Kranji, Singapore


A farm in Singapore? Well, I get this statement whenever I say that I went to a farm in Singapore :) Went to Bollywood Veggies a LOHAS centric farm. There is an organic restaurant in there called Poison Ivy that I mentioned previously here. Entrance fee is SGD 2 but if you dine in Poison Ivy, you get to go in for free :)


There were all kinds of fruit trees and vegetables like bananas, fig tree (first time in my life), eggplants, bitter gourd, tapioca, various herbs and spices and many many more! Even for banana trees itself, it has more than ten different species of banana trees.

Welcome Sign to the Farm

Banana Tree Fruit

Beautiful Banana Tree Flower

There's even the Singapore's first eco toilet (named Jack-a-loo) where you cover your own dump using soil. So it's actually a dry toilet. Erm..not sure anyone actually used it.



Singapore is not just about shopping :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

people said: thread a red-coloured thread through the banana tree's flower and lead it to your room... In the middle of the night, a very beautiful lady in red will come and visit you...

Cest La Vie said...

Haha..not applicable to me since I don't want to see a beautiful lady in red :p