Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kalamazoo Cafe @ Aman Suria

Kalamazoo Cafe is located a few doors away from Betty's Midwest Kitchen where I have dined in previously. Coincidently, one of the restaurant owners is my ex-colleague and Kalamazoo Cafe is born from his passion on restaurant business and his student days in Western Michigan State University.
Frisco Melt (RM10) consists of two beef patties sandwich with home made with homemade Thousand Island sauce and cheese with a side of fries and some lettuce and tomatoes. The bread was nicely toasted but a little on the hard side which I personally like. The beef patties are quite good but it was a little on the salty side as the piece of cheese itself is already salty.
Frisco Melt

Egg and Bacon Sandwich (RM7.50) that basically have a sliced hard boiled ege, bacon, lettuce and mayonnaise in between two pieces of toasted bread which is similar to the frisco melt.
Egg and Bacon Sandwich

Good thing they serve plain water here and it for only RM1, you get a jug of water. This place offers affordable sandwiches and have light meals like sandwiches as well as heavier stuff like pork ribs. Personally, the ambiance is good for having meals with friends and chats as parking here is a breeze and it is not too crowded. Next time, pork ribs ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your article doesnt really say an awful lot about this place. Well I am eating here now and let me tell u,this restaurant is awful.if it were
My friend's shop I wouldn't recommend it to other people but will tell him to try something different instead. The staff are inexperienced and not very friendly. The food is plain & boring.though affordable,the servings are pathetic. Egg & bacon sandwich only comes with bacon bits. Mushroom soup had no mushrooms.in fact it was only an ABC soup. Pork ribs did not taste like pork ribs. Coffee is like hotel buffet coffee. The food presentation was awful too.my salad was shredded pieces of lettuce.looked liked the leftovers i pick up from the market for my rabbits.RM1 for water is NOT affordable and the foo must be awful Ti start writing about plain water. I would recommend going next boot to either Betty's or Roastmary bites. Just because a person is passionate about cooking doesn't mean they can cook.you can tell the cooking standard hasn't grown from the owner's days at college.

Cest La Vie said...

Jon, I respect your opinion but one man's meat may be another man's poison. I personally didn't like Rosemary Bites myself but you like it yourself. And RM 1 for a large bottle of water that is able to fill in three glasses is fine with me. I have encountered whereby you pay RM1.50 for a small glass. Btw I always order water because I don't like sweet drinks and roughly know the price I pay for plain water. Cheers!