Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Paddington Pancakes @ Midvalley Megamall

Padding House of Pancakes or also known as PHOP. I wonder when buttermilk pancakes will reach our shores here - tasted them at IHOP in the states and they taste so OMG delicious!

Here we have another substute which is the PHOP (but I still prefer the ones in IHOP much much more, oh well!) Recently PHOP has been introducing this Around the World Set Lunches (RM13.80). Basically it is a two course meal with a theme of a place and a drink. Hey they even have a set for vegetarians too! :D

The Ambiance

The Mexican set tasted very odd. A no-no from my friends and me. I think it is some kind of spice they have added. Basically it is minced beef with tomato base but having tasted anthentic Mexican before, this is not really authentic. The mash potatos tasted pretty good though.


Mexican Set

Not sure how the vegetarian set tasted but according to my friend, it was just alright.


Vegetarian Set

Honolulu Set is a little like a hawaiian pizza but the base is the thin type. If you like hawaiian pizza, you like this :D


Honolulu Set

The Tokyo Set was really huge. According to my friend, it was just so so.

Tokyo Set

San Francisco Set is pretty big. Has got a large piece of fish (Dory - mind you). A vegetable spring roll and mashed potatoes. The fish tastes pretty good (but I have something against Dory fish haha so it really does have to taste good to make me say that it is good)


San Francisco Set

Classic Buckleberry Set was pretty nice. The pancake has blueberries embedded into it but the berries were sour! So pour the honey to cover it up if you don't like the sourish taste. The scrambled eggs with mushrooms are a little too bland but got that fixed with a dash of salt and pepper. The beef bacon was a little on the odd side. Never tried beef bacon like this before and it was just ok. Prefer the traditional ones but pork bacon is still the best! Ha ha :p


Classic Buckleberry Set

The American Set concept is similar to American Breakfast..haha. No pancake burgers :p Three pieces of pancakes (plain ones but yummy) two chicken sausages, baked beans and a small side salad. The chicken sausages we pretty good but the whole main course is a little too small.
American Set

Lastly, there's the dessert which was really good. Nice simply vanilla ice cream drizzled in strawberry sauce with mini pancakes. It was not overly sweet, just nice!


Ice Cream with Mini Pancakes

2 comments:

ladyviral said...

looks good! But some of the sets sounds weird to me.. guess not my taste lol. The blueberry is tempting! I would definitely love that hehehe~ I guess somehow to me pancakes should always be sweet not savoury types. :P

Cest La Vie said...

Hehe yea...savoury pancakes. I like mine sweet too. Great tastebuds taste alike! Haha.. The savoury ones are not too bad as they are like an extra thin piece of dough on your normal meals ;)